O.J. Pipelines Canada is committed to ensuring the work it performs is without incident to our employees, subcontractors, physical assets and the environment. To meet this commitment O.J. Pipelines Canada Executive Management believes that:
- Safety is the cornerstone of our company culture.
- Management is accountable for safety.
- Safety must be incorporated as a basic discipline in our business activities.
- All injuries can be prevented.
- Engaging and involving our work force in safety activities strengthens commitment and encourages ownership of safety.
- Safety is a shared commitment. It is the responsibility of all company personnel to participate in the prevention of personal injury and property damage during the course of our operations and to co-operate in this respect with those we work for and with.
O.J. Pipelines Canada is committed to protecting the environment and maintaining public health and safety during all phases of our company operations. To meet our commitment, we will:
- Responsibly manage all aspects of our operations to meet or exceed recognized environmental standards and legal requirements.
- In the absence of legislation, apply cost-effective best management practices to minimize impact to the environment.
- Work with our clients in the development of equitable, effective, and realistic standards for the protection of the environment.
- Enforce to all employees the importance of conducting operations in a manner that minimizes harm to the environment.
A Salute to Safety
A Salute to Safety by Enbridge, to O.J. Pipelines Canada, Banister Pipelines, and SA Energy Group, on exemplary safety and environmental performance during their Line 3 Replacement Project.
Overall, the project logged more than 11.2 million person-hours, covering almost 1,100 kilometres in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. “The replacement of Line 3 was a landmark, safety-driven undertaking that has made a safe pipeline even safer, thanks in no small part to contractors OJPL, Banister and SA, who share Enbridge’s dedication to achieving zero injuries, protecting the environment and communities, and ensuring top-notch quality and workmanship.”